On Tuesday 17th October at 8pm, Dr Sophie Herbert, Consultant in Sexual Health and HIV at Northamptonshire Integrated Sexual Health Service will be providing an Update in STIs’. This masterclass will give an overview of common sexually transmitted infections that might present in general practice. tips on how to diagnose, tests to use and when to refer.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- How to take a useful sexual history
- How to recognise symptoms and signs associated with sexually transmitted infections.
- Which current tests to use to diagnose common sexually transmitted infections
- How to treat common sexually transmitted infections in general practice and when to refer
- Context in which sexually transmitted infections might present in general practice, an idea of local prevalence data
This webinar is equivalent to 1 CPD credit
About the Speaker: Dr Sophie Herbert, MBChB, MSc, MRCP, Dip GUM, Dip HIV, DFRSH
Dr Sophie Herbert undertook her specialist training in sexual health and HIV in a large centre in London and has worked in a range of sexual health settings from tertiary centres to community clinics.
Dr Herbert has been working as a Consultant in sexual health for nearly 3 years, managing general and complex sexual health problems in men and women. Sophie has a particular interest in the sexual health of young people.
How do I register?
The link to register will appear at the top of this page on the Friday before the date of the webinar. It will be in a green box called “tickets”. We are currently working on a way for you to be able to register for webinars further ahead.
Joining the webinar
When you register for this webinar you will be emailed a unique set of login details.
We hope you enjoy the webinar